- Scanned computer for codes and found P0678 glow plug #8 and P0676 glow plug #6. Tested these 2 glow plugs and found that they are very rusty and there is a chance they could break when removing from cylinder head. Both these glow plugs fail the ohms test.
- Checked for climate control DTCs and none were found. Tested system while watching data with scan tool. Found controller commanding actuators to almost full cold when temp was lowered by 1 degree. Also found re circulation door will only work intermittently when commanded. Recommend replacing the climate control head unit and re-test system for proper operation.
- Inspection completed. See attached worksheet
- #4 LUBE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE
- Remove old filter, remove water sensor, clean as needed and install into new premium 2 micron fuel filter. Install filter, purge the air from the system as needed and test run the engine, checking for leakage.
- Upon replacing #6 and #8 glow plugs. Tech states they are very rusty. Soaked both glow plugs overnight to help remove these rusty glow plugs. #6 glow plug connector broke off, but tech was still able to get glow plug out. #8 glow plug head broke off of glow plug. Tech was unable to get glow plug to come out. At this point the only thing we could do is possibly ad a resistor to #8 glow plug wire to keep check engine light from coming back on or the head will have to be removed in order to get this glow plug out. One glow plug will not cause a starting issue.
- #7 TEMPERATURE CONTROL ASSEMBLY – Remove & Replace
- #8 IDLER ARM – Remove & Replace – 1500 HD,2500 HD,3500 w/Skid Plate – [DOES NOT include alignment.]
- #9 PITMAN ARM – Remove & Replace – 2500 HD,3500,Diesel – [Includes: R&I Steering Gear Assembly.] – [DOES NOT include alignment.]
- #10 WHEEL ALIGNMENT – INCLUDES SETTING TOE and REMOVING CAM PLATES TO ADJUST CAMBER/CASTER PROPERLY
- #11 IN-VEHICLE SENSOR – Remove & Replace – Roof Mounted,Aspirator
Alan K. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/21/2022